LCE Coating is a revolutionary technology that protects heat exchanger coils from corrosion, mould and bacteria in a very effective way. Unlike solvent-based coatings, LCE Coating is a water-based product that brings us two significant improvements: Super Hydrophobic effect and anti-microbial protection.
Process that guarantees 100 % penetration & protection. The entire coil is immersed into a liquid form of LCE Coating letting the liquid penetrate even the smallest spaces between fins including fin collar, louvre, heat slots or any other type of forming.
Tests found 100 % penetration on fin blocks with 16 fins per inch (1,58 mm)!
In addition, all other parts like U-bends, end-plates, side plates, headers, capillaries are coated and protected as well.
LCE Coating benefits:
- Increases the lifetime of your units in highly aggressive environments.
- Anti-microbial protection prevents bacteria from growing inside your units.
- Repairable-on-site coating.
- No impact on capacity.
- 100 % penetration inside coil due to total immersion application.
- Super hydrophobic surface.
- Coating with strong bond to the substrate surface.
Anti-corrosion solution that actually works, LCE Coating makes a protective elastic layer on the whole surface of the coil. This layer is capable of withstanding thermal dilatation of the coil without cracking. Elasticity is a critical ability to prevent the creation of small cracks where corrosion begins. With this ability we can be sure that the protection works while the unit is working in real conditions.
NO MORE CORROSION
Many air units are working in aggressive environments such as ocean coast, food production lines, animal shelters, piggery units and so on where standard protection isn’t enough. LCE Coating offers perfect solution for coils in such environments.
Certificated from tests performed on single sheet metal samples
- Passed ASTM B117 (Salt spray test)
10 000 hours in heating/cooling cycles changing temperatures between 60 °C and 5°C
- Passed ASTM G85:A1 (Acetic Acid-Salt spray test)
to prove positive impact on coils used in food industry
- Passed ASTM G87 (SO2 test)
the same as G85, only in usage acidic SO2 electrolyte
- Passed ASTM D552 (Flexibility test)
to demonstrate the adhesion of the surface of the protective layer to the substrate surface of the coil
- Passed ASTM G85:A5 (Indirect spraying of dilute salt and ammonium sulphate)
at 23°C and followed by 1 hour exposure of dry air at 35°C. Test proving resistance in salt containing environment and industrial applications
- Passed ASTM G21 (Test for resistance to mold and fungi)
important aspect for evaporators